Thursday, May 7, 2009

postcard challenge


i'm in a postcard challenge and the theme is "goddess of love". i have this new stamp of these circles that i'm using on everything recently. i stamped the circles with white craft ink on black card stock and when that dried i colored in the circles with souffle gel pens. i used a white souffle gel pen to journal goddess of love on the background and then after i stared at it a while i thought the bigger circles i left uncolored needed something so i added gel pen hearts in those areas. i stamped a little goddess doll image on heavy white cardstock and colored it in with prismacolor markers. i had a watercolor heart left over from my heart inchies that i felt was too light in color so i painted it with red acrylic paint which i then put in the the goddess's "circle of love".
i didn't like the little goddess didn't stick out so much once i glued her down so i machine stitched around her in gold thread as gold is definitely a goddess color. then i stitched around the edges in gold as well.

9 comments:

  1. Your post cards are absolutly wonderfuf. This one is no exception. :) Love the colors and and black and hearts. You have some interesting tools, like white ink??? AND you know how to put them to good use. - Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the explanation that goes with the card. It's always good to see/read the creative process at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, when did your blog background change? Did I miss it or is it new today? I love it! It's so summery beachy to me.

    I love you are sharing your processes with us. I figured you hand-colored this but wasn't sure. That is amazing work. So much detail and so much work. I may be slow but if I attempted so much detail it would take me a month. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great postcard Roc! I am loving the new blog background, how did you get that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great postcard Roc, love the use of white ink and gel pens...Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work. Fab colours, especially on the black background. A little blog award for you on my blog :-) Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg love the circle stamp and the little hearts inside.

    ReplyDelete