Wednesday, November 10, 2010

making buttons

it is funny how one thing can lead to another and another and all of a sudden you find yourself creating something that you've never done before.  so it was the other day when i had my paper clay out.  i found myself making tiny buttons.  i made a few others but these are the few i had time to paint and put crystal effects on.  i hope to find myself using them in my art projects. i am really quite fond of those little birds and want to make many more of them.  so what have you found yourself creating that might be different from what you normally do?

11 comments:

  1. I tried my hand at making Fimo buttons but it didn't work out at all. Maybe paper clay is the answer. Your buttons are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new adventure. Buttons great idea. Love the bird ones of course.

    Benjamin made a cute halloween baby

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! How darn CUTE are these???? LOVE that little birdie!!! Hugs, TErri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are great Roc! Those birds are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun
    Roc, I always enjoy trying new things. Love your buttons, I have been wanting to make some beads. You have given me the inspiration. Love and Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey...great job with those. They're adorable.
    When my youngest was a toddler I used to make a lot of her clothes...and I'd make the buttons from fimo and add her name on them.
    Hmmm....maybe little ben will have some special made buttons coming?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG roc!! These are waaaay too cute!! I know what you mean about making things that you didn't ever expect to be making ~ right now I'm addicted to creating fabric flowers! I'm doing a craft show in December and thought that they would be a fun thing to sell~ I kinda went crazy picking up remnants of gorgeous fabrics! I'm still around for a week or so. Are you having a club get-together this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so beautiful - what a great idea! I might just have a go at it.

    ReplyDelete