Saturday, April 25, 2009

a bee challenge


there is an atc challenge on a private site that i'm doing on monday and the requirement is that there had to be a bee on it somewhere. this is what i came up with. there have been a few bee themed things popping up for me lately which makes me chuckle to myself because i have the worst bee phobia. every year when the warmer weather hits i swear the bees say let's head over to roc's house and terrorize her. i honestly believe that they know i'm deathly afraid of them. i know that sounds silly but there could be four of us standing outside and the bee will single me out to buzz around. i once read somewhere that when you are afraid you emit carbon which is a signal to the bees. i don't know if that's true or not but i must emit a ton of it! i now can't even go to the mailbox because there were about a dozen bees on it yesterday. i don't know what it is about the mailbox (do you think it emits carbon too?) but every single year they try to make a nest in it through out the summer. i told my husband he has to go spray it because nothing will stand in my way to collect my mail art!

12 comments:

  1. The bees must love you like the mosquitos love me. No one else gets even a bite, and I am completely eaten up! We're all going to have to pool together and send you a bee keepers outfit so that you can go to the mailbox! :)

    Hugs! -Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful bee card! sorry about your bee terror....

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Roc...this is Wonderful...Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeh I get the mosquitos like Shelley!!
    Love the Bee card Roc, especially the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, I don;t like them but when they are dressed like this;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beeautiful piece of work. Didn't realize that you have a bee phobia. You need to come to my house and I can personally introduce you to the little pieces of heaven here on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you know that if you go after the bees in their hive in the iddle of the night, you can kill them easily because they are sleeping?
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a Beeeauty! There was a gigantor bumblebee on my deck today that had to be the size of a golf ball... just hovering mid-air for the longest time. How do those tiny wings support it? Huh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card,guess you only learned about the birds and not the bees!chuckle,chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bee still my heart. The bee skep hat is adorable and so is the expression on her face!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't you know? We all secretly planned all of the bee projects to either a) freak you out, b) annoy you, or c) get you over your fear of bees so that you would see them for the cute little creatures they are. Which do you think? No matter, this is perfectly lovely and creative and I love it to pieces!

    ReplyDelete