Tuesday, September 20, 2011

a really large journal








a while back i mentioned that i found this really large journal at hobby lobby. i swear i couldn't stop smiling when i saw it on the shelf. i felt like i found gold in "dem dare shelves". when the journal is open it is about 16" x 20". i want to use it as a daily journal of sorts and i'm prepping all the pages. here is a little piece of one the pages i'm currently working on. i'm adding all vintage family photos through out the journal. this particular photo is of my brother and me. my mom use to put us in that large metal tub of water in the summer to cool off in the back yard at my gram's house. even though i am tiny i really do remember sitting in that make shift swimming pool. this journal is going to bringing me many smiles i think.

11 comments:

  1. So yummy, Roc! Really love it... can't wait to see more!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you will enjoy this one Roc!! Hope you are well, glad to hear you survived Irene. I may just go over and look at that journal prompt group. Hugs Cindy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh , that sounds like fun.. I think I'm going to work on a little 4x6 journal i bought years ago. Oh, I'm uploading some of my pages to your flickr group. Promise you won't laugh :):) Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your journal is huge! Your page is fab - it brought back some childhood memories - I can remember sitting in a washing up bowl in the garden :-) Looking forward to seeing more pages in this journal x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really really am very glad with this page. The white space gives so much room to breath. I was wondering just last week why art journals are often so crammed. I am guilty too, don't misunderstand me...
    Your page shows how white space can be functional and really attract attention. Well done! I love it. What a neat thing to find such a big book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow thats a terrific size journal and love the start you have made Roc. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This hits home with me as well, my aunt used to my cousins in a big tub on the back porch....ha! Love it, they were the best days, fun, no worries, all love!
    LOVE THIS PAGE! LOVE YOUR ART!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool...I didnt even know they made journals that big! Cant wait to see what it will turn into/....

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great! And I'd love to find a big journal - guess I need to hope there's some gold in my HL.
    Smiles!
    Deb M

    ReplyDelete
  10. brings lots of memories for me too - we used to fill those old tubs with ice and put the keg in it! I love your plan to use the vintage photos in this journal and really love (as always) you fabulous backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such gorgeous bright backgrounds, cant wait to see them filled! Hugs juls

    ReplyDelete